- North Carolina State Bar, 1994
- US District Court Eastern District of NC, 1997
- US Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2000
- US Supreme Court, 2003
- AV – Preeminent Rating from Martindale Hubbel Legal Ratings
- Former NC State Senator, 9th District, 2004
Elected to serve a four-year term from 12/3/2012 to 12/19/16 and 12/19/16 to 12/2020
Commissioner Woody White has been a life-long resident of Southeastern North Carolina and he received his J.D. Degree from the University of Nebraska College of Law, 1994 after receiving his B.S. from Southern College, Chattanooga, TN. He has practiced law in New Hanover County since 1995 and owns the law firm of Woody White Law PLLC. Mr. White is married to Tammie Mentzel White and they have two children.
Woody White has an extensive background as a successful businessman, community leader, public official, litigating attorney, and strategic planner.